Download BIM Seventh Semester notes, Questions of High Speed Network and Multimedia Networking
1. Define transmission medium and its characteristic.
2. Why is guided media used?
3. What are the basic differences between Shielded Twisted Pair and Unshielded Twisted Pair cables?
4. Why cable is twisted in twisted pair?
5. Why Shielded twisted pair is more secured than coaxial cable?
6. Why Optical Fiber is still not used in LAN even it has high speed bandwidth?
7. What is working principle of Optical Fiber?
8. What is data rate of Optical Fiber?
9. Differentiate between multi-mode and single mode of Optical Fiber.
10. What happens if noise ratio is greater than signal ratio?
11. What is propagation delay?
12. What is forwarding in case of data transmission?
13. What is acoustic signal?
14. Even though satellite has several disadvantages why it is still used in communication?
15. What is attitude height of Geo Satellite?
16. What is the application of Geo Satellite?
17. What are disadvantages of Geo Satellite?
18. How data is transmitted in ATM?
19. In which layer ATM operates?
20. Is the length of ATM cell fixed?
21. Why high speeds LAN is needed?
22. What is packet switching and circuit switching?
23. How ATM works as both connection oriented and connectionless medium?
24. Differentiate UNI from NNI.
25. Define virtual path, virtual channel, virtual circuit, VPI and VCI.
26. What is Taxi Car in ATM?
27. What is real-time in case of ATM?
28. What is background file transfer?
29. Why AAL Type 2 is inactive?
30. What is the protection mode of SMDS Switch?
31. What are the fields that SMDS addressing contain?
32. What is address screening?
33. What is the carrier of SMDS?
34. Which transmission medium does SMDS use in physical layer?
35. In FDDI, what happens if inner ring fails?
36. What is the bandwidth of telephone line?
37. What is local loop in telephone line?
38. Does ADSL signal affects GSM service?
39. How ADSL works?
40. What is difference between upload and upstream?
41. When SONET was first developed, what was its underlying transmission medium?
42. In which transmission type SONET and STM is used?
43. What is LTE?
44. If TCP/IP is used in SONET, where does fragmentation and defragmentation occurs?
45. How Wi-Max works?
46. What is difference between Wi-Max and Satellite communication?
47. What is WAP forum?
48. For what kind of portable device is WAP used?
49. How WAP works if SIM cloning is done?
50. How does ISDN differ from ADSL?
51. Describe the header of ISDN.
52. In ISDN, what is brusting?
53. Differentiate routing from forwarding.
54. What is VOD?
55. Describe the working principle of ISDN
56. What is the underlying network of Frame Relay?
57. Which is the first country to implement Bluetooth?
58. What is the working principle of Bluetooth?
59. Describe the working principle of Wi-Fi.
60. Why the cell of GSM is hexagonal?
[ Note : Provide your feedback to download BIM notes, get question papers on BIM, notes for BIM seventh semester and many more. You may also contribute by providing the questions.]